I've been stressing, probably too much, as to how Jordan is going to handle the new arrival. He and I have such a great thing going during the day. He's so sweet and tender-hearted and loves LOTS of attention. I think I'm really going to miss having so much quality time together. He has been so much fun lately! I love hearing all the new words he learns and how he tries imitate me when I'm cleaning, singing, dancing, reading, etc. I love his dancing! It's hilarious! This may sound silly but I'm afraid having this new baby around will hurt his feelings. Well, I suppose he'll get over it, and eventually love his little sibling. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited to have this new baby in our house! I also just don't want my sweet little boy to go away. I have to say, I LOVE being his mom!
Helping Daddy put together the babies cradle.
I'm surprised he didn't lose any of the small pieces!
Lately he's loved doing whatever Dad is doing. This picture was taken about 5 minutes before I put him down for a nap; he probably would have fallen asleep right there.
Adorable pictures! He will still be your adorable little boy when the new baby comes. He will get used to sharing your attention eventually, and he will have something VERY interesting to focus his attention on: the new baby brother!
ReplyDeleteI definitely know how you feel. Before Eli was born, my heart just ached for Jack, knowing what a hard adjustment it would be for him. He has always been so very attached to me. But people kept telling me that it would actually be good for him to have to learn to share and to have a little buddy, and that advice has held true. He and Eli are just starting to play together, and it's about the cutest and most heartwarming thing ever. And he loves Eli and is always concerned for him (except for when Eli has something he wants). And, to be honest, I think that I spend more time playing with Jack now than I did before because it's harder to get out of the house with the two kids, so we stay home more and just play. It can be a little tougher on the sanity, but there's also more to do since you have two kids (chores, etc.), so I try to mingle in dishes and wash and cleaning in between play time and it makes for a more fulfilling feeling. I hope some of that makes sense :).
ReplyDeleteAll in all, I had similar worries, but it's actually worked out pretty well.