Saturday, May 8, 2010

The lovely Month of May

BYU is now full swing into Spring term and that means I've started school again. It's been hard to get used to doing homework again, and this time with a baby. Luckily my classes are interesting and, to an extent, even fun. I'm taking Literature and Film, studying romantic love, and American Folklore, studying Tall Tales. Michael is only working this summer so he is able to babysit, and he does a lot! I am so very grateful he can, otherwise school might be impossible for me. April was a very busy month. Michael finished up his first semester of grad school, with straight A's I might add. :) We both walked, and Jordan was blessed. It was a really exhausting, and fun weekend! Jordan is getting fatter and cuter all the time. He's 12 weeks old now and will be 3 months next week! He's starting to grow out of his 0-3 months clothes, and can even fit into a few 6 month items. However, if he had his way he would rather be naked all the time. He babbles a lot, mostly to the couch and to the fridge. He thinks they're very amusing and just smiles and is content to look at them for several minutes at a time. He has also become very fascinated with his bouncy chair; he stares intently at the toys and gets really excited when he accidentally hits one. It's really very cute to watch. I've been trying to catch his talking and excitement on camera, but when I turn it one he just stares at it. He sucks on his entire fist a lot now, and is slowly become more aware of his hands. He's pretty much the textbook baby as far as sleep habits go, but is pretty abnormal for my side of the family. He sleeps from 10:30 to between 5-6, and then goes back down after eating for another hour or two. I can even put him down wide awake and he'll go to sleep. This may be because he's still in our room, so I'm a little nervous about putting him into his own room. Naps are a different story, but we're working on it. I'm looking forward to having my first mother's day, and then in a couple weeks celebrating Michael's 27th birthday! May is a good month! And as always here are some pictures:


>


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on walking you guys!!! Ah, your little guy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete