I really miss going to school. Although I don't know if I'll ever miss homework. I try to do as much learning on my own by reading books and articles but it's not the same. I miss discussion! I talk about plenty with my husband but it's different with a group of people. It was fun being an English major in that I was surrounded by people who were just excited to talk about the same topics as I was. Someday I'd like to go back to school. However, for now I am perfectly content with raising my two boys at home. One thing I miss is reading and discussing Modern and Post-Modern literature. So here a plug for one of my favorite books in the Modern genre
Absalom Absalom by William Faulkner. What do I like about you ask? I like his writing style, I like how portrays the issues of the day and it's just an interesting story albeit somewhat depressing.
As I Lay Dying is also an excellent book by Faulkner.
No comments:
Post a Comment