Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My kiddos

It's time for my monthly post, and it's been a while since I've written an update. I don't even think I wrote about Parker's birthday.  I kind of feel like we're in limbo and I really want to move out of this phase of life, so I avoid writing about it because it's kind of depressing.  Mike is still looking for a job but we've gotten a lot of leads lately, so we have hope. However, my kids are growing and changing all the time.

Parker can now say "uh oh", "what is dat", "do" (dog) "jordin" and course mama and dad and LOTS of babbling and yelling.  He can also imitate the animal sounds for a tiger, pig, dog, and fish. He LOVES animals. He is an avid  waver and waves to everyone but especially dogs and babies, even the babies on the tv.  He can cruise and crawl and walk while holding one or two hands. I think he's still got a month or so to go before he can walk. He still nurses once a day but I will be weaning him soon. I've been pregnant or nursing for over three years now and I want to give my body a break.  Parker is a very sweet baby and a smile or giggle comes easily for him.  His favorite toy is probably any toy car. He can also wield and spoon and fork with increasing accuracy.  Food is big deal to Parker and he loves almost everything, and out eats Jordan on a daily basis.  His favorite foods are anything with a tomato based sauce.

Jordan turns 3 next month!  I haven't tried to potty train him but I think for his 3rd birthday I will get him a potty chair and get him excited about it.  He's starting to show interest so that is good, but I kind of want our own home before I potty train him.  Jordan loves to sing, his favorite songs being "twinkle twinkle" and "row your boat."  For Christmas he got a Bob the Builder tool belt with accompanying tools.  Jordan pronounces it "dog a buildert" and even sings the song to it, at the top of his lungs. "DOG A BUILDERT, CAN YOU FIX IT?! DOG A BUILDERT, YES WE CAN!"  It's cracks me up every time.  His favorite show is currently Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but I like to try to get him to watch PBS shows or leapfrog shows.   His tantrum phase is in full force so we're working on that...he drives me bonkers some days.  He also is becoming increasingly more picky with food.  He'll eat most anything I guess, just not very much of it.  He usually eats one good meal a day and just picks at his other meals.  He's already on the small side, so I hope it's okay.   He still is in 2t clothes and can even wear some 18m stuff, same as Parker. There is definitely some sibling rivalry but generally Jordan is very sweet to Parker and they play together more and more all the time.  They are going to be best buds. Also, Jordan is very good at giving validation and tells us often that we are doing a great job.

And both of my boys are still cuddly and I am so grateful for that. My family is definitely the brightest spot of our lives.

Parker quite literally stuffing his face

I told Jordan to say cheese for a picture... this was his response

Finally getting a hair cut

"dada ad ana mom"
 Christmas jammies.




3 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! Love you all!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what cute kids they are! The picture of them in their jammies with Parker looking at his big brother Jordan is just priceless. Hugs to all of you. (Catherine Ockey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it -- especially Dog the Buildert! I think I will always think of Bob in that way from now on . . .

    It's always good to put down in writing the cute and funny things so you can remember them when they are being total buttheads (or is that just my children??) :).

    Limbo state sucks. It will not be forever, even though it feels like it :(.

    ReplyDelete