It's incredible how much more patience I have with my kids when I know they're sick. I don't get that angry and I have a lot more compassion. I wish I could always act this way towards them when they're particularly grouchy. This last week Parker got really sick. He started getting a fever Wednesday night and it just wouldn't go away. On Thursday, and I had to keep alternating tylenol and motrin every three hours in order to keep the fever in check, even then he still has a slight fever. On Friday I took him to the doctor but they had no idea where the fevers were coming from. Because of his age they had me take him to the hospital to get some tests. They drew blood from his arm, and took and chest x-ray. It was so sad to have to pin him down for the x-ray, and hold him still while they drew blood. They also had to give him a catheter, and before we left they gave him an anti-biotic shot. Poor baby went through a lot that day. Turns out his lungs were pretty inflamed and some of the numbers from his blood tests were a bit off. He still had fevers all day and Saturday, even though we thought they would have dissipated. I was getting pretty nervous. Mike gave Parker a blessing, and we said a lot of prayers. Finally, Sunday morning the fever broke, only to be replaced by a very wet cough. But there's not much I can do about that, and the doctor said he's on the mend. Unfortunately Jordan is now sick too, but not near as bad as Parker. One plus is that Jordan has been sleeping a lot extra! It helps since Parker is waking up twice as much at night. However, I'm just looking forward to life getting back to normal.
Maybe it seems kind of weird that I took these pictures, but I had my camera phone, so I took a couple pictures to show Michael later.
poor baby
Jordan got really sick of being at the doctor's with Parker. We all did, I just wish I could have acted like Jordan. ;)
On the mend.
Oh man! That xray room shot brings back memories of when Charlie had to get his xrays after I dropped him :(... I'm pretty sure it was in the same room. With the same ladies. Isn't it awful!?! I hope he feels better soon!! <3
ReplyDeletePoor kid!! I'm glad he's doing better! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so sorry. Sick kids is right up there with moving and cleaning the bathtub, in my book. And it's so hard when you don't know what's going on and you can't make it better! Hopefully Jordan will just get a mild case of whatever it was. Sending happy thoughts your way :).
ReplyDeleteOh Tiff, I'm so sorry! That looks like a miserable experience. I hope everyone, including you, are doing much better now.
ReplyDelete