Earlier this week our was broken into. I left the doors unlocked, and the next morning I noticed that the door was ajar and that all the compartments in the car were open and looked like they had been rifled through. The only thing taken was Mike's backpack, and all that was in that were a couple of library books and academic papers, one book was about morality and the other book was about Joseph Smith. I thought that was pretty funny, but I wasn't excited about paying for the books.
There is a old pioneer canal near our house, and on our daily walk Jordan loves to throw flowers and leaves in, to watch them float away. When we stopped today, I noticed Mike's backpack about 20 feet away in some bushes! I went and picked it up and looked through it to see if anything had been taken. Everything was there, down to half eaten bag of peanut butter M&M's, and to top it off there was a sticky note on one of the papers that read, "sorry you lost your notebook." HA! Maybe the thief had a guilty conscience or there was nothing worth taking anyway.
However, it made my day.
Wow, that is truly crazy.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome story! That's one you'll be able to tell at dinner parties for years. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny!! I wonder why he would write the note and then leave the backpack where you might never have found it!
ReplyDelete