Parker will be 10 months old on Friday and still doesn't crawl. He really doesn't seem to care. Jordan, as a baby, was always frustrated with his lack of ability to do things, and he let me know it. Parker is the total opposite. He loves to play with what is around him and only recently has he decided to try to crawl. My parents have all wood floors upstairs so when get on his hands and knees he usually slips down to his tummy. But last week he figured out how to slide backwards and swivel around, so he gets where he needs to go. Generally, he's pretty content to just sit, play, and eat. He is now 20.5 lbs.(60%) and 27.? inches (80%)
A couple weeks ago Parker had a pretty traumatic experience. Our pediatrician told us we needed to get him tested for food allergies (he pretty bad reaction to something, but we didn't know what). We took him St. Mark's Hospital lab to get the lab work done. What we didn't know is that generally, people take children to Primary Children's for lab work. In Provo, we always just went to Utah Valley hospital. ANYWAY, the people at St. Mark's had no idea how to draw blood from a baby. They brought down two NICU nurses, who poked Parker about 3 times, 2 in the head, and were unsuccessful. Parker was so distraught that I told them not to try and finish but that I would take him elsewhere. The nurses looked more relieved than offended. The next day we were going to Provo anyway, so we took him to Utah Valley, where they quickly did the test. We found out he has peanut allergy and an egg white allergy. Most likely he'll grow out of it, but for now, no eggs or peanutty stuff.
We've been planning on moving to Denver for months now; it seems to be perpetually be a month away. As soon as Mike defends his Master's Thesis we are out of Utah! We'll stay with Mike's sister until we find a job. So far most of the jobs we've applied to and heard back from are in New England, which would be an adventure!
I have SO many photos, but I no longer no how to post a web album, so here's a few, and I'll probably put some more on Facebook.
At church
Parker at his 9 month apt.
Jordan told me he was going to feed Parker. Ha!
Parker LOVES Amber the dog.
Swimming at Grandma's
Family Party
Wheeler Farm
Boxes are some of the best toys.
Giving Parker a kiss
How much did it cost to get that test done? I would LOVE to get one for Charlie if the price is right, especially considering I have a peanut allergy that I didn't grow out of and Trevor was allergic to milk until he was 18mos old. Thanks! - Alex
ReplyDeleteWow, I guess there is a benefit to so many babies in Provo, the Hospitals know there stuff. Sorry St. Mark's was so crummy. Great pics!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet cute boys!! Sorry Parker had such a terrible experience :(.
ReplyDelete